Here at RTB we are so excited to kick off a new year of crafting!
We encourage you to challenge yourself, raise your own level of crafting, and keep your resolution to use those new stamping items. And yes, we will even use those supplies that you just had to have in your collection. ;)

Friday, April 5, 2013

Challenge #138 and an announcement!

Happy beautiful Friday everyone!
I hope your week is going well, it is finally starting to feel like spring here. I am not a fan of the cold weather so I'm looking forward to warmer days. :)
Before we announce the top 3 of this week's challenge, I wanted to personally thank you all for being a part of Raise The Bar. When I started this site, it was a chance for me to challenge my own self, to raise my own bar when it came to creating, and of course being inspired by your designs as well.
Thanks to you, I've been introduced to some wonderful stamp and paper companies, just by adoring your work! I have also met the most wonderful group of designers who, week after week, have produced such amazing cards.
This summer is a huge transition for my family - we have our oldest going off to college, our youngest starting Kindergarten, and moving where the Army sends us. My husband will hit 20 years of active duty, and we've been fortunate to live in Virginia for 8 of those years.
With that said, Raise The Bar will close its doors at the end of April. By coincidence, the two remaining Bar-Tenders Thanh and Peggy, have been handpicked to be on The Greeting Farm's Design Team, so we will all still have the chance to create together! YAY! From the Bar to the Farm... ;)
Every challenge of this month will have a goodbye theme, more on that in a bit.
For now congratulations to this week's top 4 designers (just because it was so hard to choose!!):

Kathy of Will Stamp for Wine
Danni of Danni's Dreams
Vicky of Crafting Vicky
Leona of Cards by Leona

Congratulations ladies!
Please email me at jonjinko@hotmail.com for your opportunity to be a Guest Bar-Tender.

And now for this week's challenge, in the theme of saying 'Goodbye' to all the Raise The Bar followers:

Pack Your Bags
(use any image/embellishment/paper with a bag/suitcase)

And here are our wonderful Guest Bar-Tenders:

Kevin
 Leeann
Wendy
 And our Bar-Tenders:

Peggy
Thanh

********************

5 comments:

  1. Hi Joni... I'm so honored to have been featured, thanks for the confidence boost :). Sad to see you go, I always look forward to your posts and meeting the variety of guest bartenders. I'll be sure to be on the look out for all of you in blog land. See you next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to see another one of my favorite challenges close. I've enjoyed playing along with you and I've been lucky enough to be featured here. Thanks for all the fun I've had and of course, good luck to you all in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sorry to see you close your doors, I've enjoyed playing in the challenges. But I totally understand life getting hectic. I'm excited to join in with this challenge. The DT have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry to see the challenge go!!! On another note I was super happy to see that I was a chosen one to be a guest bar tender. Sent 2 e-mails... not sure if they got through yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to see another one of my favorite challenges close.
    Thanks for share this information its really informative for all
    Best Hard Shell Suitcase

    ReplyDelete